Collection of data
Following types of data are collected through our e-services:
- Data supplied by you: When providing us with your name, email address, username and other contact details in relation to managing a service contract; registering for our products and services; responding to questionnaires or surveys; interacting on TEC’s official social media communications; contacting TEC with queries; and responding to recruitment advertisements.
- Tracked Information: Your IP address and non-identifying information about your use of e-services may be collected automatically using tracking technologies, such as cookies. You have the option to reject all cookies, but some features may not work effectively.
- Third Party Information: We may combine information about you from e-services, information collected offline or from external parties in relation provision of service or products offered by TEC.
Use of data
Under the new European data protection legislation General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), TEC process your data depending on the purpose it is used on following lawful basis:
- Based on consent, where we ask your consent to be kept informed of our products and services. You have the choice to opt-out at any time and withdrawal of consent would not negatively affect the way we do business with you.
- To fulfill our contractual obligation with you or your employer. The personal data processed in this instance is vital for performance of contract with you as an individual or acting as representative of your employer. Opting out will make us unable to deliver contracted service effectively.
- Based on legitimate interest, TEC will process data which is used for research and analysis to improve quality of our e-services. You can withdraw consent by using the contact information provided at the end of this policy.
The data processed using above means will help us to deliver products and services as mutually agreed in the scope of our contract with you or your employer, improve your overall experience using TEC’s e-services, offer quality alternative solutions to your products and services enquiry, record and analyse customer choices for our business growth, and comply with regulatory obligations of record keeping as and when required by statutory bodies.
Privacy of Minors
TEC do not knowingly allow persons who are aged eighteen or younger to use our e-services. For more information, please contact the site administrator by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Storing, Editing or deleting your personal data
Should you be registered on our client compliance portals, you are provided with the ability to edit the information stored for your user account information during registration, by visiting your user account control panel. You can request that your user account be deleted through the right to be forgotten; to do so, please contact us by emailing to email@example.com.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. However might have to store personal data for five years following the most recent interaction we have had with you for statutory compliance, accounting and auditing purpose. After this point it will be archived only for so long as reasonably necessary, in accordance with applicable laws.
Sharing Personal Data
TEC is committed to not knowingly sell or rent Personal Data to third parties for their own marketing purposes. We do not share Personal Data from countries that require consent. Your data could be shared on following instances:
- Our IT suppliers and partner providers like client compliance portals help us effectively manage our business and for whom it may be necessary to have access to your Personal Data. But they are not authorised to use your Personal Data for any purpose other than related to the performance of TEC’s contract with you or your employer.
- Where advertising service providers are used, non-identifiable information collected from cookies and tracking technology used in our websites could be shared with them.
- In the event TEC decides to undergo change of control of our business through divest, sale, merger, or acquisition, TEC may share Personal Data about you with actual or prospective purchasers. We will notify such changes through our website and/or email you or your employer.
Subject Access Requests
Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’. If we do hold information about you we will: give you a description of it; tell you why we are holding it; tell you who it could be disclosed to; and let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to the Data Controller for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing addressing it to our Director.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
Changes may be made to this policy from time to time in compliance with current GDPR or similar relevant data protection regulations applicable to United Kingdom. You will be notified of substantial changes to this policy either by through the posting of a prominent announcement on the site, and/or by a mail message sent to the e-mail address you have provided, which is stored within your user settings.
Safety of your data
TEC treat your Personal Data as valuable and we have adopted reasonable measures to ensure all data are collected, processed, retained and disposed in a secure manner. We encrypt your data such as login details through secure methods like Secure Secondary Layer (SSL) technology. However, despite the advancement of technology, historical incidents have proved that scrupulous third parties might be able to intercept internet transmission and breach robust online security systems. For this reason, TEC cannot guarantee any unwarranted disclosure of Personal Data while using any of our e-services. In the event of compromising personally identifiable information as above, we will notify you as required by relevant legislation.
By reading this policy, you acknowledge and agree the risks associated with compromising of any Personal Data provided to us. We advise you to constantly review the choice of your information provided online, maintain confidentiality of passwords and change them frequently. TEC shall not be responsible for unauthorised access or consequential damages from data breach and we do not warrant expressly or implied, that the information provided by you shall be free from interception or unauthorised access. Consequently, TEC offers no warranties or representations as regards maintenance or non-disclosure of data.