All commercial businesses must work to ensure that the risks from their water services in their buildings meet legislation, insurance, compliance and safety standards for all their building users.
Facilities Managers, Property Managers, Compliance Managers, Contracts Managers and Site Managers have a responsibility to:
- Minimise and resolve any risks from water-related problems
- Manage water safety and hygiene
- Identify any risks to tenants/users
- Protect the health, safety and wellbeing of staff, visitors and the general public
- Implement and review routine monitoring and control schemes
- Retain and be able to demonstrate records of compliance