Our engineers removed dangerous amounts of limescale build up from the tank and recommended an acid descale post works to minimise the risk of Legionella bacteria and to maximise efficient performance of the water tank and system in accordance with HSG274.
“Any water system that has the right environmental conditions could potentially be a source for Legionella bacteria growth. There is a reasonably foreseeable Legionella risk in your water system if:
- Water is stored or re-circulated as part of your system;
- The water temperature in all or some part of the system may be between 20-45°C;
- There are deposits that can support bacterial growth, such as rust, sludge, scale and organic matter;
- It is possible for water droplets to be produced and, if so, if they can be dispersed;
- It is likely that any of your employees, contractors, visitors etc could be exposed to any contaminated water droplets.”
At Total Environmental Compliance, we recommend that any large water tank situated in a domestic or commercial building undergoes an internal inspection once a year to minimise the risk of any dangerous bacteria, particularly Legionella and to maintain the system performance.
Book your risk assessment for your water systems today and be confident that the water system in your premises is safe and fully compliant.
For further information visit www.tecompliance.co.uk or call us on 0151 257 9302. Email at email@example.com.